Monday, March 28, 2011

Gloucester Daffodil Festival 2011



I'm happy to share these beautiful photos of my trip this past weekend to the 25th Annual Daffodil Festival in Gloucester, VA. The region is famous for their superb daffodils, the climate and soil conditions being perfectly suited for them. The highlight of our day was a tour of Brent and Becky's Bulbs, just a couple of miles from the festival. The photos speak for themselves, but I understand they have summer display gardens open for tours as well. Potted bulbs of all kinds and a few perennials were on sale in their gift shop, and I came home with some pots of their lovely little purple Anemone Blanda.

3 comments:

Virginia Gregory said...

Lovely photos! What an awesome Sycamore! But what on earth are those things hanging from the tree in front of the horse?

CYNTHIA CRANE said...

Thanks! Those are birdhouse gourds hanging from that tree. I have some seeds - if you want just email me your address and I'll be happy to mail them to you.

Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm said...

This was lovely and reminds me of friends who live 'round the corner from Becky and Brent. When the friend's children were teenagers, they worked at B&B Bulbs; thanks for the lovely reminder.